The Forms of Sheng Zhen Gong
Sheng Zhen Gong has a wide variety of forms. The moving forms help cultivate qi while the non-moving forms help condense and store the qi in the body. Whether moving or non-moving, Sheng Zhen Gong has three main functions:
- It is good for physical health. The inner cultivation of qi helps improve the circulation of the blood and strengthens the body which directly improves your health, so it is medical qigong.
- It is good for the emotions. It can remove stress, worries, nervousness, anger and hatred so that, no matter what is going on around you, you are calm, at ease and balanced. Therefore, it is emotional qigong.
- It opens and purifies the heart and elevates the spirit, so it is also spiritual qigong.
Each form has a particular purpose or "flavor," but ALL forms have the primary function of opening the Heart. Some forms are non-moving meditations, soe are seated forms, and some are standing forms. Though we may give some suggestions, such as Shen Zhen Healing Gong for cancer patients or Heaven Nature Gong for pregnant women, every form can be practiced by anyone – young or elderly, healthy or ill, man or woman.
For best results it is recommended that the forms be learned in the following order:
- Gathering Qi (standing): Nourishing the Heart
- Awakening the Soul
- Sheng Zhen Healing Gong, Stage I
- Sheng Zhen Healing Gong, Stage II
- Heaven Nature Gong
- Heart Spirit as One
- Union of Three Hearts Meditation
- 9 Turns Meditation
- Heart Mind as One
- Listening to the Heart
- Return to Spring
- Heaven Earth Gong
- Releasing the Heart
- Origin of the Heart
- Sheng Zhen Healing Gong, Stage III
- Breath of Life: Lung Qigong
- Strength in Balance: Liver Qigong
- Light of Purity: Kidney Qigong